Paint the UK Pink

Sunday 15 September 2013

LoveMeBeauty Box September 2013 (Beauteco Box re branded)

This month, the box formerly known as the Beauteco Box has been re branded as LoveMeBeauty. The format of how you order hasn't been changed at all. For anyone not familiar with it, they have a "boutique" from which you choose one of 3 boxes. There are no surprises with this one, you know exactly what you are getting up front and can pass on a month's subscription if there is nothing to take your fancy. This month, I went for menu 3. 

The website is down for maintenance at the moment so I will come back and edit once it is up with the link, but they can be found at @LoveMeBeauty on Twitter. This is my third month consecutively getting LoveMeBeauty/Beauteco box and I haven't wanted to pass up once yet. I love the element of surprise you get with the other boxes, but I love the fact that you can pick what you would like from a menu on this one. So, on to the actual box...

(the website is now live again and can be found here


This one doesn't come with a fancy box inside it - just the outer box with lots of shredded paper packaging to keep the products safe. I haven't had a problem with anything breaking at all so far but have noticed that there only ever seems to be one glass item a month. Saying that, this month's glass item, the little bottle in the middle has actually got me the most excited.


It is a 7.5 sample of Matriskin Collagen Serum. It might sound really small but I have wanted to try this for the longest time. The full size bottle (30 ml) retails at (are you ready for it?) ....€95. That is £79.57 or $126.33 (on today's exchange rates) Yep, you read that one correctly. So for my £12.95 outlay for this month's box I have already got just under £20 worth of product. It isn't actually stated on the menu blurb how much this is, but I have been admiring it from afar for quite some time now. The info on it can be found here

I am actually kicking myself today as I got the box yesterday and tried it out last night as per the instructions (half a pipette around upper and lower eyelids and neck). I was a little sceptical as to how it would go that far but BOY it does.

I have really dark sunken circles under my eyes and very crepey lids so popped some on after cleansing last night. By this morning, the difference was so obvious my husband noticed. That would be the same husband that didn't notice I had a fringe/bangs cut in for our wedding last year! I am not going to use it again for a while as I really think this merits a complete blog post of it's own, and I now need to "deflate" my eyes to do a before and after.

I have also done a sneaky. As the boutique at LoveMeBeauty is still open I may have bought another box just for the Matriskin sample. It makes good financial sense! 


Next up is Murad's Osmolyte Tonic. To quote the menu, "This refreshing mist replenishes and moisturises to plump and firm skin. The Duel-phase moisturising system infuses skin with essential nutrients that increase cellular hydration, repair the skin's barrier and soothe skin. Suitable for all skin types".

It is a lovely 15 ml full size product (I am not joking, the info is here and is £10 alone)  but given the extreme reaction (of the best kind) I had to the Matriskin, I am keeping this to one side until I have horrible eyes again!

It has a gorgeous smell of very mild chamomile. This one will be going into my "things to try out" basket for sure. 


Next up I got Nip and Fab's Clean Fix Gel. I am guessing this will be a marmite product as it is a foaming facial cleanser but I have to be honest, I genuinely don't mind them once in a while. It is generous full size product and more information can be found on their website here. It is on offer at the moment for £4.95 so I am going to give this one a try very soon. It has quite a strong citrus note to the smell, but that is something I love as bergamot is my favourite scent ever. Yep, the face gel smells of Earl Grey tea! It is for oily/combination skin which is fantastic as... that is what I have! 


Ahh, Anatomicals. Not a month goes by when you don't appear in one of the beauty boxes out there. This month it is a zit stick! It appears to have a day and night treatment but I am not going to open it just yet as I don't have any breakouts. That will definitely go in the "to try" basket as I do get hormonal ones and it would be great to see if it works. After either 1) being an idiot or 2) navigating the world's worst website ever I have deduced that it retails for £3.00. I tried linking it. I can't! 


Last but not least, a 30 ml sample of Essential Care Gentle Herb Shampoo. The first thing that jumped out at me was that it claimed to be 70% organic. Sooo, it isn't then! I generally dislike organic shampoos as they generally just smell horrible. This, however, really does smell nice. It smells very strongly of aloe vera which might put some people off, but I actually like it very much. One thing I will say is that is incredibly thin in consistency for a shampoo. It also claims to not need a conditioner. My frizzy locks might disagree but I am going into hospital for respite next week for a few days so I shall pop that in my bag to give it a try. I will be taking conditioner though! Definitely on the fence on this one, and more information can be found on it here

So there we have it, the inaugural LoveMeBeauty box and even though I chose the items, it did not disappoint in the least. I really am looking forwards to trying everything out, especially the Matriskin Collagen Serum. My "things to try" basket just got a whole lot more products in it this month for sure!

If anyone else has had this box (I got menu 3) I would love to hear how you got on with the products. I sometimes find that something doesn't work for me but find out later I have been using it wrong so yep, would love to hear anyone's thoughts.

Fi xoxox





9 comments:

  1. Aw wow this looks great!!! Would love to they that spot gel!!! I need it right now haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was genuinely really thrilled with it all, right down to the dodgy shampoo as at the end of the day - this is the whole point of these boxes, to try something you wouldn't normally! I am just in love with the Matriskin though. Once it has "worn off" I am going to do some before and after pics - I have decided that it definitely deserves a blog post of its own.

      Hope your spots clear up soon! I usually use witch hazel and that seems to get them gone pretty soon. Saying that, I have got a scar from one I kept meddling with when I was asleep. I hope that gets gone soon!

      xoxox

      Delete
    2. Iv followed so il get to see all your new posts :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you very much. Can't wait for the Boxdelux to arrive now! x

      Delete
    4. Amy, just in case you come across this reply - the spot cream is absolutely amazing! I am going to be doing a blog post today so will give you a shout out about it in there incase you miss this reply. It got rid of a hormonal breakout within 24 hours (which would normally take a week to get sorted). Absolutely fab!

      xoxox

      Delete
  2. Wow that collagen serum is expensive! What a great thing to get in a box, I really want to try a beauty bo..been thinking of what to get for ages! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, and the best thing? It actually works! I get LoveMeBeauty, Glossybox and Birchbox for now. Only been getting them for a few months so I can make my mind up. Depending on your budget, I would go for any of those as they are great (especially the last if you don't mind knowing what you get beforehand.

      If your budget allows, check Box De Lux out - I am sorely tempted by that one.

      xoxox

      Delete
  3. Oh such a lovely box of goodies! I love the look of the Murad - I've never tried the brand before, but I would love to xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gemma :)

      I can report back that the Murad toner is absolutely fabulous! I had a bit of a pamper day on Sunday and armed with my budget friendly version of Caroline Hiron's beauty regime gave it a go. I am in a wheelchair so standing at the sink is a bit of a pain so I used Pond's Cold Cream as a cleanser, French rose water to get the last of the gunk off my face (I didn't have SPF on so gave the double cleanse a miss), the Murad tonic, Hydraluron and then about half a jar of L'Oreal's Wrinkle De-Crease Re-Plumping cream! It was the first time for using the Hydraluron for me so my skin definitely let me know that it needed it for sure.

      I have already ordered another Murad Osmolyte Tonic as it is really amazing.

      I am very self conscious and am working my way up to showing my face again on my blog as my skin is terrible from all the medication I take, but I am pretty sure the combination I have got now is doing something for sure.

      Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting - I am just off to have a good nose around your blog!

      Fi xoxox

      Delete